Tips for your trip to Puerto Rico:
- The Puerto Rico country code for international phone calls is +1 (same as USA). Every local phone number starts with area codes 787 or 939.
- Please be aware that the check in at the hotel is on Wednesday 12, at 3:00 pm. The accommodation fee that you pay the organizers covers food from the dinner of Wednesday 12 and covers accommodation from the night of Wednesday 12.
- If you are arriving on the official arrival day (Wednesday, November 12) we will pick you up at the airport. However, if you are arriving on a different day, the best way to get to the hotel from the airport is by taxi. The cost is about $25 dollars.
- Hotel rooms and meeting rooms are air conditioned so you may need a light jacket during the meetings.
- At the airport there are no currency exchange offices. However, there are cash machines where you can withdraw money in US dollars.
- Electrical service in Puerto Rico is the same as in the USA (120V/60Hz) and so are electrical power plugs and sockets:
- Check in at the hotel is at 3:00 pm on Wednesday 12 (hotel front desk).
- Registration for the meeting starts at 3:00 pm on Wednesday 12 (executive boardroom).
- All participants are expected to have their own accident, health, and travel insurance.
- The weather has been unusually rainy. Bring an umbrella!
Meeting point at San Juan Airport: (Wednesday, November 12)
The SJU airport is under construction and in constant change. If you arrive between 9:30am and 6:30pm, it is possible that Puerto Rico Tourism Company personnel will be there to guide you to their office and we will meet you there. If you arrive at other times or if the personnel is not available, once you have claimed your luggage, continue to the nearest exit. We will be waiting for you outside. It is possible that some exits may change unexpectedly and we would not be out there. In this case, go to the first floor of Terminal C to the Puerto Rico Tourism Company Office (marked with a star on the attached map). We will be waiting for you in front of the street entrance to this office.